Defender® LED Headlights – JW SPEAKER EVO 2 DUAL BURN WITH DRL
Using the J W Speaker Evolution 2 Dual Burn headlight TMD have created a Land Rover Defender specific kit that is plug and play for vehicles made during or after 1996 (For vehicles made before 1996 some cutting and splicing will be required). The kit enables the headlights to be upgraded to high performance LED and also adds the functionally of DRL (Daytime Running Lights)
All our Defender headlamp kits are supplied complete with our powder coated black stainless steel bezels, replacement fixing kits and screws.
J W Speaker Evo 2 LED headlamp designed especially for use in ECE countries such as Europe.
The standard high and low beam functions are contained within the lamp along with a front position lamp (sometimes called a side or parking light) which is required by the ECE regulations so vehicles such as Jeep or motorcycle that need this function to be street legal if it was present in the original bulb lamp being replaced. In addition to this a great new feature has been added called DRL (Daytime Running Light). DRL is used during the day and is specifically designed to make other road users aware of its presence increasing safety by improving noticeability of any vehicle fitted with DRLs. As soon as any other function is selected such as front position or low beam the DRL automatically switches off with is required by ECE regulation.
All of these features carry the correct approval for use in any country accepting ECE regulations.
- 9-32V DC Operating Voltage
- 4.20 Amps (High Beam); 2.00 Amps (Low Beam) @ 12V DC
- 2.30 Amps (High Beam); 1.10 Amps (Low Beam) @ 24V DC
- Raw Lumen Output: 3,200 (High Beam); 1,770 (Low Beam)
- Effective Lumen Output: 1,260 (High Beam); 750 (Low Beam)
The history of J W Speaker headlamp evolution
- 2009 – introduced the worlds first LED aftermarket 7″ headlamp approved for road use in Europe
- 2012 – Evolution series with the introducing various options such as a choice of chrome or black bezel and with or without position light.
- 2014 – J W Speaker set the benchmark for LED Headlamps yet again with the introduction of the Evolution 2 range of 7″ round 2D1 PAR 56 replacements.
- 2018 – J W Speaker incorporate DUAL BURN technology within the lamp to create the Evolution 2 Dual Burn.
Operating voltage range has been expanded from 11.4 – 32V DC to a massive 9 – 32V DC range so even those vehicles with old wiring where you may have a 50% reduction in performance on a halogen unit because of voltage drop you have full power with the new JWS Evo 2 lamp, no need for additional relays or harnesses as the units internally keeps low beam on when switching to high beam.
AVAILABLE IN BLACK